Crisp, hearty clusters of naturally sweetened, gluten-free, and dairy-free granola.
- 1-1/2 + 1/3 cups old-fashioned oats (gluten-free if needed, see notes)
- 2/3 cup nuts (I use sliced almonds)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Make the oat flour. Place 1/3 cup oats in a food processor and process until fine.
- Mix the granola. In a large bowl, combine the oat flour, oats, nuts, cinnamon, and salt. Add the honey, olive oil and vanilla, mixing completely.
- Spread the granola on the baking sheet. Arrange the granola in an even layer, making one large piece.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the edges are just browned.
- Cool completely. Once cooled, break the granola into large chunks. Store in an air-tight container.
Packaged oat flour or regular wheat flour can be substituted – use 1/3 cup.